graham cracker crust + chocolate pudding + marshmellows => s’mores pie!
I live in an apartment – far removed from a warm campfire. The closest I have is a broiler. But, we can work with that.
This simple recipe looks much more complicated than it is. It tastes like a s’more, but doesn’t require an open flame…
Makes 6 mini-pies
- 1 box Jell-O stovetop pudding
- skim milk
- miniature graham cracker crust
- miniature marshmallows
- Follow the directions on the Jell-O box for pie filling
- Fill the pie crusts with pudding
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight
- When you’re ready to serve, line a broiler pan with tinfoil. Lay the pies on top.
- Pile on the mini marshmallows
- Broil on Low (keep the oven door open) until the marshmallows brown/blacken. This happens QUICKLY. Watch them the whole time.