Lunch time! Raiding the fridge…carrots? hummus? chicken? Looks like the making of a Mediterranean pita. Packed with protein and loaded with vegetables, this lunch will satisfy your hunger pains and help you resist snacking on a heavy dessert.
You can leave out the meat for a veggie sandwich, or substitute turkey or tempeh!
Mediterranean Chicken Pita:
- 1 whole wheat pita, cut in half
- Shredded carrots
- Cedar’s Lentil Mediterranean Salad (good on sandwiches, salads, or with a spoon)
- Any veggies you have lying around (I used leftover sautéed zucchini, tomatoes, and carrots from last night)
- Roast chicken (but you can use turkey, tempeh, or leave it out altogether)
- Open up the pitas and slather each side with 1 tablespoon of hummus.
- Then add 1 tablespoon of lentil salad to each side.
- Slice up some roast chicken and put 1-2 pieces in each pita as they fit.
- Add some more veggies and top with shredded carrots.