Hello again! Thanks for finding the time in your busy day to catch up. I’m so glad you could make it to our lunch date again this week.
Here’s my collection of recipes and articles from the last week, from Honey Crisp Oven-Fried Chicken to Pilates Exercises You Can Do at Your Desk:
I Need Your Help!
I was nominated for two WEGO Health Activist Awards (Best Blog & Best Twitter), and I need your help to win!
If you can, please take a moment to endorse my nomination:
click here to vote for me!
Thank you so much. I wouldn’t be up for these awards without each of you!! xo
My Recent Press:
- The Skinnytaste Cookbook is finally here! I worked on some of the content and am thanked in the back of the book. I just got my copy today and can’t wait to flip through all the photos and recipes. (Note: That’s an affiliate link so if you purchase the book, I receive a commission).
What I’ve Cooked Lately That’s Awesome:
- Honey Crisp Oven-Fried Chicken – Ellie Krieger
- Baked BBQ Chicken Nachos – The Live-In Kitchen (add a little more cheese, otherwise it’s perfect)
What I’m Reading:
Food News & Trends:
- Reduce Your Exposure to Toxins from Grilled Meats – NourishRDs
Home & Lifestyle:
- How to Make Your Place Guest-Ready in 30 Minutes – The Huffington Post
- What kinds of exercise can boost long-term memory? – Medical News Today
- Stuck at Work? 6 Pilates Exercises You Can Do At Your Desk – Christie Seaver for Mind Body Green
Mindfulness & Positivity:
What I’m Salivating Over:
- 11 Warming Oatmeals to Start Your Day – Serious Eats
- Easy Raisin Spice Oatmeal Mix– According to Elle
- Gluten Free, High Protein Pancake Recipe – fANNEtastic food
- Back-to-School Strawberry Quesadillas – La Fuji Mama
- How to Make a Quick & Healthy Weeknight Dinner – Anne Mauney RD for Food & Nutrition
- Vegetarian Pasta Recipes – Oh My Veggies
- Balsamic Chicken with Roasted Vegetables – Skinnytaste
- Sneaky Zucchini Lasagna – Snack Girl
- School Lunch Roundup VI – 100 Days of Real Food
- Pumpkin-Obsessed Vanilla-Glazed Scones – Skinnytaste, featured on the Food Network
- Apple Butterscotch Squares – Meal Makeover Moms
- Oatmeal-Brown Sugar Baked Apples – The Kitchn
- Vanilla Poached Pears Recipe – Food Network Kitchen
- Old-Fashioned Apple Slab – King Arthur Flour
- Strawberry Oatmeal Yogurt Muffins – California Strawberries
- Maple-Sweetened Pumpkin Muffins with Oats – Cookie & kate
The Week in Photos:
I’ve highlighted a few favorite dishes from the week below. The top two photos were taken at a blogger conference I attended in Santa Monica, California hosted by the Fashion and Business Council. I got to meet the fashion bloggers Nora of Jacket Society and Ruby of Almanac of Style and Anjali Rao from The Shelf.
Be well! See you for another mid-week lunch date next Wednesday!
Question…What article or recipe are you most excited to read?