You can whip up an egg breakfast sandwich on your foreman or panini grill in the time it takes to say “reduced fat turkey bacon sandwich with low-cholesterol egg substitute.” (Bonus: it’s much less expensive and you can stay in your pajamas a little longer in the morning)
- 1 whole wheat english muffins
- 3-4 thin slices of sharp Vermont cheddar cheese
- 1 handful of fresh spinach, rinsed and patted dry
- 1 Egg
- 1 Tomato
- Spray a little olive oil on a non-stick pan and warm on medium heat. Crack an egg in a bowl (remove shell bits) and add to pan. Cover and cook until whites change from clear to opaque white. Then flip for a minute until the yolk cooks through.
- Meanwhile, rinse and dry a handful of fresh spinach. Slice a piece of tomato. Prepare the cheese.
- Place bottom half of muffin on the grille and place the fried egg on top. Cover with spinach, slice of tomato, and cheddar. Top with the muffin top and clamp the griddle. Cook until cheese melts and top has griddle lines – about 3 minutes.
- Sit and eat if you have time or wrap it up in tinfoil and eat it on the road (my preferred option).