As the weather starts to cool down, you’ll likely feel like staying in. I’ve spent most of my life in cold-weather states like Boston and New York, so I know that the best way to be social without having to leave the house is to throw a party! Who’s with me here?
Since you’re a health-minded person too, I thought you might enjoy…
a roundup of the best healthy appetizers for a fabulous fall cocktail party.
The recipes that aren’t nutrition powerhouses like the mini pizza cups are portion-controlled so your guests can get their share of fatty, salty goodness in a bite-sized package, and then fill up on the artsy veggie cups, sneaky “creamed” spinach, and baked (not fried) vegetable wontons…for example.
I’ve also thrown in some flirty cocktail recipes and three healthier desserts to tie the whole evening together.
1. Ricotta with Thyme, Olive Oil and Grilled Bread – Alexandra Cooks
2. Baked Ginger-Mushroom Wontons with Sesame Dipping Sauce – oh my veggies
3. Avocado Crostini – Joyful Healthy Eats
4. Easy Crust-less Spinach and Feta Pie – Skinnytaste
5. Warm Fig, Apple and Gorgonzola Flatbread – Steamy Kitchen
6. Spinach Lasagna Cups – Alida’s Kitchen
7. Cream-less Creamed Spinach – The Meal Makeover Moms
8. Cheesy Cauliflower Breadsticks – Jo Cooks
9. Chicken Pot Pie Bundles – The Meal Makeover Moms
11. Cheddar with Honey, Walnuts, and Dried Cherries – Cabot
12. Goat Cheese Stuffed Dates with Pomegranate Molasses and Smoked Sea Salt – Kale & Caramel
13. How to Make a Cheese Plate – What’s Gaby Cooking
14. Basil Pesto Party Almonds – Cookie + kate
15. Pizza with Pizzaz – The Laughing Cow
16. Spinach Artichoke Dip – Gimme Some Oven
17. Vegan, Grain-Free Stuffed Mushrooms – Tasty Yummies for Cara’s Cravings
**Pick a few appetizers to serve and supplement with whole grain crackers or baguette, lots of fresh sliced vegetables for snacking or dipping, and fresh grapes or sliced fruit.
18. Apple Cider Sangria – how sweet it is
19. Warm Vanilla Cider – Martha Stewart
20. Pomegranate Champagne Punch – EatingWell (with a nonalcoholic alternative)
21. Pear-Ginger Shooters – EatingWell
22. 60 Healthier Drinks for Boozing – Greatist
23. Mulled Wine – Flourishing Foodie
24. Pumpkin Pie Turnovers – Dawn Jackson Blatner (using pre-made wonton wrappers!)
25. Chewy Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies – Skinnytaste
26. Grape Tuxedo Bites, 3 Ways – Grapes from California
+ Bonus! Handy Guide to Creating the Perfect Cheese Plate by A Cup of Jo: