By posting this recipe, I am entering a contest run by Nuts.com. (Wish me luck!)
Hi friends! If you like peanut butter cookies, I think you’re going to love this trail mix. It’s got clusters of raw peanut butter cookies (whhaaa? yes.) mixed with walnuts, raisins, semi-sweet chocolate chips, and pepitas (also known as pumpkin seeds). Eat it out of the bag, sprinkle it on yogurt, or heck, put it on some vanilla ice cream with fresh berries and call it dessert. Whatever makes you happy.
I basically made no-bake energy bites but instead of rolling them into balls, I crumbled them into clusters (because granola/trail mix with clusters > granola with no clusters). It’s a one-bowl recipe (easy. peasy). Toss the clusters with the rest of the ingredients and store it in the refrigerator. It’s best to keep the clusters cold so they stick together and nuts stay fresh longer in the fridge anyway so win-win.
Tomorrow (8/31) is National Trail Mix day, so there’s no better time to whip this up.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- ¼ cup Cheerios (or another whole grain cereal of your choice), hand crushed
- ⅛ cup maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¾ cup walnuts
- ¼ cup pepitas
- ½ cup raisins
- ¼ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (or sub with another type of candy)
- In a small bowl, stir together the oats, peanut butter, Cheerios, maple syrup, cinnamon, and vanilla extract. Chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- With your hands, crumble the peanut butter mixture. Toss with walnuts, pepitas, raisins, and chocolate chips.
- Store in the refrigerator.
Makes 12 servings